Take a look outside your window. Do you see the brown grass and the naked trees? I think we can all agree the coming of the spring time greenery is what our eyes are truly pining after. Believe it or not, but Mother Nature is on to something…greener is BETTER! Implementing a “green” lifestyle surges the worth of the earth, but it also saves you big bucks! You don’t have to look far to find a lavish amount of helpful and easy hints at “going green” and although we encourage them all, here are five of our favorites!
- It’s getting hot in here! Lowering your thermostat by just one degree can reduce your power bill by $44-$73 a year…now your whole household can be cooler than the other side of the pillow.
- It’s all about good lighting. Making the simple switch from an incandescent light bulb to a CFL bulb can save you anywhere between $180 and $300 a year! Who knew a different set of light bulbs could save enough money to fund that skydiving adventure you’ve always been planning?
- Have wheels, will travel…but not too fast! Each 5mph you drive over 60mph is the same as paying an additional $0.30 per gallon of gas a year, and aren’t prices high enough?
- Speaking of a need for speed, get ready to be blown away by this one…save about $950 a year (cha-ching!) by simply purchasing a vehicle that gets 30mpg rather than 20mpg based on a 15,000 mile per year. Not only do you have more change in your pocket, but you save our air from being polluted with harmful fumes and chemicals.
- There’s nothing wrong with a snooze now and then…for your computer! Did you know the energy of having a computer monitor running for twenty minutes without use can cost you up to an extra $160 per year? Yikes! Save nearly $140 a year and a heap ton of electricity when you turn off the computer monitor when idle.
Now that you have the tools to “go green,” beat Mother Nature to the punch and start today!
For more information go to Mother Nature Network